Bible Reading Resources Recommended By Steve and Luke
Books About the Bible
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth: A Guide to Understand the Bible, by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart.
- A simple, classic guide to interpreting each of the biblical genres.
- Unbreakable: What the Son of God Said About the Word of God, by Andrew Wilson.
- A short book about what Jesus taught about the Bible.
- What is Biblical Theology?: A Guide To the Bible’s Story, Symbolism, and Patterns, by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- A concise summary of the big story and major themes of Scripture.
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour, by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart.
- A book-by-book guide showing the reader what to focus on as they read each passage of Scripture.
- Halley’s Bible Handbook, by Henry H. Halley.
- A classic guide to the nature, historical context, literary structure, and interpretation of Scripture.
- New Testament for Everyone, by N.T. Wright.
- A collection of short readable commentaries on every New Testament book by the preeminent New Testament scholar of our time.
- The Bible Exposition Commentary, by Warren W. Wiersbe.
- A creative, simple collection of commentaries on every book in the Bible.
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, edited by Clinton E. Arnold.
- An illustrated commentary giving the cultural background for every New Testament book.
- NIV Life Application Study Bible
- NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible
- CSB Study Bible
- ESV Study Bible
- YouVersion Bible App
- A free app filled with many versions of Scripture, Bible-reading plans, and teaching videos.
- The Bible Project
- A website of short, intelligent, yet beautiful animated videos teaching the big story of the Bible. They also have a highly educational Bible podcast with great in-depth teaching content exploring various biblical themes.